Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Two Sides

Every story has two sides, we all know this.  Isn't it odd that with some arguments both sides are 100% correct?  I mean, how can that be?  As an engineer this one is hard for me.  For instance, if a formula is used correctly and the calculation has been done flawlessly then there is only one possible answer.  It is impossible for there to be two different answers.  But with people, it is a rare occurrence that there is only one outcome.  Let's take, for example, my opinion on the flooding in Pakistan.  I think it is terrible that very little aid is being sent to the country.  To me, that is completely wrong.  But to other people, for example anti-Muslim's, it is practically a sin to give any sort of aid to that country.  As far as I am concerned (and I would hope most sane people would agree with me) there is only one answer, give Pakistan aid.  If only there was a formula!

Here comes the curve ball.  Even math can be wrong.  It is not often, but math can be proven wrong.  I have actually watched a former professor of mine prove 2+2=4 wrong with a whole series of other proven mathematical facts.  So where am I going with this?  Well, I'm not really sure, but I think I might use this idea to analyze my future posts...

No comments:

Post a Comment